With 2016 rapidly approaching there are many inspired changes in and around the office space. Among the countless inspired office interiors design trends, Al-Futtaim Interiors gives you its top five tips for the year ahead including distinctive colour schemes, LED lighting systems, accessories and customised furniture, functionality and minimalistic use of office space arrangement and the introduction of lush vegetation.
1. Colour, profoundly impacts workplace productivity
2. LED lighting systems For the majority of clients, the general functional office design will continue based on form and function, but with the technological developments in LED lighting systems, including running cost reduction, designers will continue to experiment with space definition and mood balance that simply was not possible with the old tungsten/fluorescent technology.
3. Accessories and customised furniture There will be a growing presence of decorative accessories and customised furniture that will be minimalistic with clever usage and arrangement in office space. This move towards a minimalistic model aims to achieve a quiet ambience allowing employees to escape the rush of the city, conveying calmness and coolness.
4. Arrangement of space and functionalism More and more, offices are maximising their space with open and functional interiors. Clever design and space planning aimed to maintain discreet separate office space whilst preserving the integral nature of the business objectives, staff levels and office culture.
5. The abundance of lush vegetation We are seeing a movement toward the inclusion of human-centered design, known as “biophilia”. Biophilia is our connection to the world of living things. For example, adding plants to the workplace, promotes a feeling of well-being. The year ahead will see an increased introduction of plants and environmentally-friendly residences in the workplace.
All these tips and trends in the commercial interior design brings us closer to a more sophisticated, warmer and well-balanced workplace, where the materials are noble and natural, the space arrangement and details are functional and minimalistic and of course, the strong presence of plant life and green innovations bring our office space closer to nature in an artistic and thoughtful way.
With a history spanning more than 10 years, the company specialises in office fit-out solutions including project planning and space optimisation, customised workplace fit-outs, high-quality office furniture, filing, storage and shelving management solutions.