Design Days Dubai is the first fair in the Middle East and South Asia region dedicated to collectible and limited-edition design.
It featured more than 400 rare design masterpieces and was a huge hit with interior designers and architects alike.
From Dominic Harris’s Ice Angel, an interactive work that gives visitors electronic wings to artist Najla El Zein’s ‘6302 spoons’ at smogallery (Beirut) and a chandelier using Dandelion seed heads by Lonneke Gordijn & Ralph Nauta at Carpenters Workshop (UK/France) there was enough to enchant everyone.
“The open format of Design Days Dubai helped make design accessible and more understandable, even to those who are completely new to design,” said Salem Al-Qassimi, founder Fikra Design Studio.
“By offering direct access to designers, collectors, and gallerists it encouraged people to have conversations and ask questions, allowing for a discussion and debate. Thanks to this event, it taught people about the future of design in the UAE as well as the wider Middle East.”
The event was organised in partnership with Dubai Culture & Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), The Address Hotels + Resorts, and design patrons Audi and Van Cleef & Arpels. It also coincided with the contemporary art fair Art Dubai, and was an integral part of Art Week.
Other highlights included; The Fragmented Clock by Nada Debs for Carwan Gallery (Beirut) and Return to Nature made out of big cone pine by artist Jaehyo Lee for Croft in Korea.
Here Commercial Interior Design magazine picks its top 10 collectibles from the fair.
1. Dominic Harris’s Ice Angel
2. ‘6302 spoons’ at smogallery (Beirut)
3. Dandelion seed heads by Lonneke Gordijn & Ralph Nauta at Carpenters Workshop
4. The Fragmented Clock by Nada Debs for Carwan Gallery (Beirut)
5. Return to Nature made out of big cone pine by artist Jaehyo Lee for Croft in Korea
6. Swarm by Carpenters Workshop
7. Gallery Nilufar stood out with some beautifully crafted pieces including the Enignum Canopy Bed by Joseph Walsh
8. Brajkovic lathe table Carpenters Workshop
9. Flutter by Dominic Harris
10. Studio mischer’traxler Carwan Gallery