Travel website Trippy.com published a list of the world’s ugliest buildings, according to its staff and users.
The ‘winning’ building was the brutalist FBI headquarters in Washington DC by Charles F Murphy and Associates.
Denys Lasdun’s Grade II* listed Royal National Theatre in London, as well as IM Pei’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum (pictured) in Cleveland, Ohio, came in at second and tenth place respectively.
The distinctive Trump Tower in New York, developed by Donald Trump, was judged to be the world’s eighth ugliest building.
No buildings from the Middle East were selected.
World’s 10 ugliest buildings (according to Trippy.com)
1. J Edgar Hoover Building (FBI HQ), Washington DC Architect: Charles F Murphy and Associates
2. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland, Ohio Architect: IM Pei
3. Sharp Centre for Design, Toronto Architect: Alsop Architects, with Robbie, Young and Wright Architects
4. Aoyama Technical College, Shibuya, Japan Architect: Makoto Watanabe Sei
5. Geisel Library, University of California, San Diego Architect: William Pereira
6. Chang Building (aka The Elephant Tower), Bangkok Architect: Sumet Jumsai
7. Epi Apartments, Seattle Architect: Bumgardner Architects
8. Trump Tower, New York Architect: Der Scutt with Swanke Hayden Connell and Partners
9. The Pixel Building, Melbourne Architect: Studio 505
10. National Theatre, London Architect: Denys Lasdun